You Don’t Always Have to Have It Figured Out



Sometimes, when I have a problem, I imagine what life would be like without it. I let myself drift away into a world where that problem doesn't exist.

Then somehow, the problem gets solved.

After a while, I realise it wasn't even as big as I thought it was. Maybe I didn't need to let myself be so weighed down by it.

So whenever I find myself faced with another difficult situation, I remember the situations God helped me through before. I remember how worried I was, how I thought I needed to figure everything out, and how, somehow, I made it through.

So I tell myself, This too shall pass.

Maybe that is one of the things our experiences with God are meant to teach us—not that we will never have problems, but that we don't have to be consumed by them.

We don't always have to know how everything will work out. We don't always have to have the next step figured out. Sometimes, we simply have to trust the One who sees what we cannot.

Jesus said:

“Do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself.”
— Matthew 6:34

And earlier in that same passage, He reminds us that our heavenly Father knows that we need these things.

Perhaps that is enough reason to breathe.

Enough reason to stop trying to solve tomorrow today.

Enough reason to remember that the God who helped us through yesterday is already in tomorrow.

So, if there is something weighing on your heart today, take it one day at a time.

You don't always have to have it figured out.

You just have to trust the One who holds your future.


What has God helped you through that once felt impossible? Let’s hear it in the comments.

Photo by thirdman on Pexels 

 

 

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SCHOOL IS A SCAM

MY NAME, MY PERSONALITY?

ABOUT THE SERIES—DIARY OF A CORPER