The Maggi Cube That Taught Me Moderation



Have you ever licked a Maggi wrap before?

As a child, I did it countless times.

In fact, it was one of the reasons I loved being in the kitchen with my mother. I was never interested in learning how to cook, but whenever it was time to add Maggi to the food, I always ended up with the wrap in my hand.

And I licked it.

The taste was always so good.

Then one day, when my mother wasn’t looking, I decided to take things further. I thought to myself, If the wrap tastes this good, then the full cube must taste even better.

So, I slipped a whole cube of Maggi into my mouth.

The taste I experienced that day? I cannot even begin to describe it.

My Maggi wrap-licking era ended immediately.

I hated the taste. I hated the smell. I even hated being in the kitchen.

That day, I learnt a lesson I would never forget: moderation.

As simple as that lesson seemed, it reminded me of something deeper. Sometimes in life, we think having more of what we enjoy will bring us more satisfaction. We chase more, consume more, and desire more, forgetting that even good things can become unpleasant when they go beyond their limits.

The Bible also reminds us of the importance of moderation. In Galatians 5:22–23, self-control is listed as one of the fruits of the Spirit. And in Philippians 4:5, we are reminded:

“Let your moderation be known unto all men.”

Whether it is food, pleasure, or even our desires, too much of anything can take away the beauty of what we once enjoyed.

The Maggi cube was just a small childhood experience, but the lesson was much bigger.

Enjoy life. Enjoy the things you love. But remember, balance matters.

Let everything you do be done in moderation.

 


What is one small childhood experience that taught you a lesson you still remember today? Share it in the comments.

 

 

 

 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog