The Density of Me



What is the density 

Of my life, my identity?

Maybe there’s no telling it,

Cause even I can’t fathom it.

 

“They say I only get to live once,

So why do I want to spend it in bonds?

Don’t I know that life is passing through?

So why do I feel at ease slipping through?”

 

“Look at Shade, she’s just your mate.”

“Even that Bode is up to date.”

Voices say I’m left behind,

As if my worth could be defined.

 

Why must I always be compared,

Even though I am still being prepared?

Abeg, let everybody just rest.

This life is deeper than who is the best.

 

Some people bloom in early rain,

Some grow through seasons filled with pain.

The seed that waits beneath the ground

Is not yet lost because it’s not found.

 

So if they say I’m not enough,

I’ll still keep walking through the rough.

For I am not a copy to be, 

I am becoming who I’m meant to be.

 

In a world full of comparison and expectations, how do you protect your peace and stay true to yourself? Let’s hear your thoughts in the comments.

Featured image by Vitaly Gariev on Pexels.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog